Creation of a Tenzo Network in the ABZE
To train as a tenzo is not only receiving a teaching to be able to function correctly as a tenzo, but it is also a training to learn to serve, to serve the others. It is to learn through the gestures, through the practice, and it is also to be able to transmit a knowledge.
The spirit of the tenzo practice in a temple is a training of each instant to be completely aware of the moment, to be attentive, to be patient and full of creativity.
Another important point is to be able to stimulate others to become tenzo.
This is why I ask to all the tenzos of our sangha to share their experience and their knowledge, as well as to share what they consider important to pass on in the function of tenzo.
At first, interested people could exchange on themes such as:
- How to transmit the tenzo spirit to the team and to the participants
- The organization of a kitchen team
- The planning of the making of a lunch or an evening meal
- The sharing of adequate recipes for a sesshin
- A dietetics course
- The writing of a book of the "good recipes" for a sesshin
- The practical side: value for money, quantity per person, diversity, flavors …
- The training of new tenzos …